Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Pretty Dang Cute Nursery

We have less than a week and this baby is coming out via C-section on June 10th. She has been growing a lot (95th percentile) and is stubborn and won't flip. So because she is breech I'm going under the knife... and a needle. I'm more freaked out about the needle. Anyways, I've been working on this nursery for a while and decided to take pictures before it gets used and is never the same again. We got a new camera for our anniversary and I went a little picture crazy. I'm kind of proud of myself.

Since we live in a historical building we can't really change much. Luckily the carpet, walls and trim work. This is a full shot of the room when you walk through the door. The door behind the chair is a full bathroom. This room has 4 doors in it....it's a little crazy.


A mobile that I got on sale from BlaBlaKids. They're kind of expensive, but I really wanted it.

Friends waiting for her arrival.

A print we bought from an artist on Etsy.

Canvas bucket container....right now it's holding blankets. But will probably hold toys in the future.

Dresser/changing table. We bought the cubby-bookshelf at Ikea, flipped it on it's side, put legs on it, and put on knobs from Anthropologie.

A different view.

Containers to hold bum cream and bows.

The cool rocking chair we got at an estate sale. It smelled like a dusty old grandma's house for a week.

A cute frog bank. I bought it a long time ago before we found out we were pregnant. I thought it was cute because it's a"frog prince".


Pictures of the crib.

We have a twin bed in the room. I have a bedspread cover that my great grandmother made (there might be another great in there) it has colors that match and I figure it was time to put it out. Even thought it's vintage.

And here is cute Jackie who hung out with me as I hopped around the room taking pictures.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty freakin dang cute, if you ask me!! Liz, it's so adorable and I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful baby sleeping in there;)

    Good luck with the C-section and everything that comes with that, you'll do fine. It's really not too bad, I'm such a wuss and made it through just fine:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I can't wait for her to get here. Hope you're doing well. Almost done with the pregnancy part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have sworn I posted a comment on here already, but something must have happened to it! Anyways, GOOD LUCK TODAY!!! Your nursery is darling, and I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh LIZ- I'm in love and someday- when we all have money- please decorate my house with me- this also pleases me because it goes perfectly with the baby gift I'm making for you- I hope all is well and that you are surviving that first precious/horrible time- call me whenever- LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete