Sunday, May 31, 2009

Eat More Fish!

So this posting is a collection of things. The picture above is of some super cool clouds we saw while we were walking to get chinese food. It's kind of faint, but there is a huge white cloud that looks like a mountain, and then there are clouds behind it that are pink. This day turned out to be super nice in the afternoon because of the clouds. It was the first time I went to a grocery store and didn't come out sweating. None of the stores have air conditioning. There was a time when I hated grocery stores being too cold- and now I wish I had one. So in the end it was a good day.

The meat of this post has to do with the pictures below. We took these pictures on our way to church today. The water was an awesome blue and so Ben had me get into the picture. Church ends up being a 30 minute walk and so by the time we get there we are both sweating. That is all you do on this island- sweat. The real challenge we have right now is getting to church on time because I conduct during sacrament meeting. Yay.

This second picture is of one of the signs on our way to church. It is sooo funny. Ben and I always laugh at it. It makes them seem like they are savages and are attacking the fish. Argh!!!!! They could of had a picture of someone cutting a fish, or using a fork and knife. But instead it is someone eating it (probably raw) down to the bones. As if it's the last its the last fish ever. So moral of the board- Eat More Fish!

3 comments:

  1. I'm totally stealing this picture :) "ALL SHALL EAT FISH"--LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those vicious Dominicians! Was there an overabundance of fish at some point that they needed to eat more? By the way-sweaty or not-you look very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Liz, it's Chelsea Horsley. I just heard from Paige Lunt that your place has a bathtub and is pretty nice? I was wondering if you could email me more information- like if there would be any available in August, and the landlords number/email if you have it? My email is chelseahorsley@yahoo.com Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete