Thursday, May 21, 2009

First Hike

Me holding a hermit crab and snorkeling.

I know I am posting two things today, but 1. its because I have time and 2. I actually tried to post the other one but was having difficulties with the video downloading and it actually worked tonight. Before I continue though, I want to let you all know that I got stung by a jellyfish three times yesterday when I went snorkeling with some friends. Ouch! The water is amazingly clear and you can see all the way to the bottom I only went out about 20 feet deep. We also found a few more crabs in the brush and a hermit crab! It was so cool.


Anyways, today was my first activity/hike with the spouses club! There were 12 of us who went to Bence's Pool. It was a 30-40 minute ride from campus 2/3 of the way to the otherside of the island, high in the mountains. I don't get car sick but the drivers here are super fast, and it seems like they drive on both sides of the road, when really they drive on the left side (like in England). So when we got there we did a half an hour hike down to the pool where you could dive off the cliffs and do a water slide. It was gorgeous and a lot of fun. Then coming back we decided to take a shortcut that took only 10 minutes but was completely vertical- a great butt workout. So when you all come out to visit this a place that we will definately have to see! A ton of fun!

Bence's Pool. This was gorgeous!

Suprise! I bet you didn't think it was so high. The clif was around 15+ feet. You could also jump in on the otherside of the pool but that clif was around 25 feet.
AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Great little butt workout to end the day. I was gasping for air from being so out of breath. And its a good view of the jungle.

Back at the top. Great view and picture with my friend Margo.

3 comments:

  1. So fun! Sorry about all the jellyfish stings. I hear that they are only bad during certain months and that they will be migrating away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally want the banana cinnamon roll recipe, it looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm Wyatt's (a friend of your husbands) wife- Chelsea. We will be joining you guys down there in August! We're really excited, nervous too! I hope you don't mind me checking in on your life in Dominica... I'm so curious to see where we'll be living! I can't wait to join you soon on all those cool hikes!

    ReplyDelete