Friday, May 15, 2009

Where to begin?



So where do I begin? Well, I hope that this blogging will be put to good use and that people will read/look at it occasionally to see what Ben and I are up to while down on the island. I know that you are all curious about the island, but it makes sense (to me) to start chronologically with the honeymoon. We have some pretty awesome pictures that I want everyone to see!! Then I will dive into island life and let you all know what goes on down here. I will also be posting videos occasionally with the super cool video camera Ben gave me for graduation. In the meantime here are some interesting details about our life so far on the island.

  1. We live next to a small field with a cow (we call her Betsy-dumb) and her calf. And everyday about 8-10 other cows come to visit her.
  2. We plugged our toaster into the outlet without a converter and it caught on fire! The toast actually came out perfect and not burnt. However, the toaster is busted and now we have to use the ugly one.
  3. We made mac n' cheese tonight and both boxes had bugs in them! Gross! I should have took a picture.

Honeymoon (Lake Tahoe, NV):
So I'm actually trying to figure out how this thing works and can't get the top picture down here. But the picture above is from a hike we took at Eagles Nest near Lake Tahoe. Ben and I went off the beaten path and I quickly learned how good Ben is at hiking. We (or Ben) decided to climb up this cliff ledge thing that was steep and had tons of rock piled throughout. The picture above actually has a cliff about 10ft from the tree. I've decided to call Ben Indian Man on hikes because he never touches the ground with his hands. I, on the other hand, looked like a freaked out cat on all fours trying to look natural.

A waterfall/rapid near the path we hiked. It was gushing water and super windy while we were hiking.


Kissing. We got tired of looking at the camera obviously. Ben found two pairs of aviators on a ledge and got them for us to try on. They were pretty cool. I wanted to keep them, but Ben put them back for the missing hikers.


A closer look at the lake. It was freezing like Lake Michigan water. So we just walked along the beach and got some calamari at this really neat restaurant that was on the lake.


So I think this is a pretty good post. I'll make changes as we go along so it is more pleasing to the eye. But I thought I would get something up for now!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. I can imagine you as the freaked out cat. So is there cow smell since you live next to Betsy-dumb?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! What an awesome honeymoon--love the kissy one too :)

    ReplyDelete